Offer: Independent Chair Person for Wealdon Works CLG (posted by Carly Foss)Find out more about Carly Foss »
- Duration: 1 days
Appointment of Independent Chairperson
Britaniacrest Recycling are searching for a person to assume the role of Chairman of their Wealden Works Community Liaison Group.
The Liaison Group was established in 2015 to create a sustainable relationship between Britaniacrest Recycling Ltd and the adjacent community by providing an opportunity for the local community to identify, discuss and resolve potential issues relating to Wealden Works Waste Transfer and processing facility operations.
The role requires the time, skills and commitment to:
• Act in an independent manner, being objective about issues and refrain from the perception of bias
• Engender positive and sustainable relationships between members of the CLG
• Prepare, in consultation with various parties represented on the CLG, the schedule of meetings and the agenda for each meeting
• Provide structure and process to effectively facilitate quarterly CLG and special meetings ensuring that:
o All parties have the opportunity to participate constructively in discussions and decision making
o Members and residents have the opportunity to develop their understanding of ABC operations
o There is a balance between time for discussion and decision making
o Conflictual situations are constructively resolved or managed
o Members of the public in attendance are able to input appropriately
o Any actions arising from meetings are restated back to the group to ensure they are represented accurately in the meeting notes
• Liaise with the various parties between meetings so as to gain their confidence and trust, thereby ensuring that meetings run smoothly and efficiently
• Work with the secretary including reviewing the accuracy of the draft minutes before circulating to CLG members
Lead the process of regularly reviewing the Terms of Reference (including membership) and meeting procedures
Attributes, skills and experience
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
• Extensive experience in chairing groups
• Knowledge of group dynamics
• Understanding of community empowerment and engagement processes
• Time management
• Flexibility and adaptability
• No conflicts of interest in relation to BCR operations
• Knowledge of the Horsham and West Sussex area and awareness of relevant local and regional issues
• The ability to understand and interpret technical information
• Experience in working with and / or chairing community groups
The appointment to the role of chairperson will be confirmed subject to a review after the first three CLG meetings held in 2016. The meeting are currently held in Roffey, Horsham, West Sussex.
The Group meets quarterly for an evening meeting, usually on a Monday.