- Phone: 01273 763378
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arun and Rother Connections (ARC) is a landscape-scale project being delivered by a partnership made up of the RSPB, Environment Agency, Sussex Wildlife Trust, South Downs National Park Authority, Natural England, West Sussex County Council and the Arun and Rother Rivers Trust.
Following a year of development work the project was awarded over £1.1 million by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) in July 2013 for a three year £2 million programme of work. The ARC project is a major project within the wider Arun and Western Streams catchment, which has its own Steering Group.
ARC project vision and aims:
1. Promote a rich and thriving river system where wildlife flourishes and where people value and enjoy the landscape, natural and cultural heritage.
2. Work with landowners to protect, restore and reconnect wildlife habitats.
3. Improve water quality and eliminate non-native invasive species.
4. Better connect the community to the catchment, through access improvements, engagement opportunities and interpretation of the natural and cultural heritage of the project area.