- Phone: 01903 219482
- Email: email@example.com
Independent Lives is a user-led charity working with disabled people, people with support needs, and carers, to enable people to lead full, active and independent lives.
Our vision is a fairer society where everyone can participate and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Working together we achieve real change in the lives of the people we support – so that we can all participate in our communities and have greater choice, control and freedom.
We work directly with disabled people, and parents and carers of disabled children:
- Providing a Direct Payments support service to help people arrange and manage their own personalised care and support.
- We offer banking, payroll, and recruitment services so people can manage their own budgets and personal assistants.
- Our Care Service provides personalised home-based care and support.
- We engage with disabled people living in the local community through user-led support and action groups and our volunteer programme, and campaign on the rights of disabled people.
We work with health and social care professionals:
- Providing training and training materials, consultancy, and recruitment support.
- We work closely with local authority social care teams and Clinical Commissioning Groups on support planning, personalisation and co-production, and health and social care integration.